Getting the vote is all well and good. But what if women want more than that? Beth Holmgren looks at Poland’s interwar cabaret culture.
Cosmopolitan Review A Transatlantic Review of Things Polish, in English
Articles written by: Beth Holmgren
Beth Holmgren is a Professor of Slavic and Eurasian Studies and SES Department Chair at Duke University. She is the author of "Starring Madame Modjeska: On Tour in Poland and America" published by Indiana University Press, October 20, 2011.
- Cosmopolitan Review is Back!
- Bill Johnston: Educator Extraordinaire
- Elegant Prewar Poland, Evoked by New Fonts from Graphic Artist Brendan Ciecko
- Bill Johnston: Translator Extraordinaire
- Chatting with Katy Carr
- Reculturing Designs
- Cabaret Liberation
- 2013 Bulletin Board
- Created by Stalin, Embraced by Emigrants? Mazowsze, Śląsk and the Polish Folk Dance Movement in America
- Unvanquished: Joseph Piłsudski, Resurrected Poland and the Struggle for Eastern Europe
- Bulletin Board
- Visit (or Re-Visit) our Past Issues